Clicky

skip to navigation

Heritage

1750 Smithy / Moravian Blacksmith Shop

The Smithy was built in 1750 expanded in 1761 and a second floor added. The Smithy had workrooms and forges for the nail-smith, locksmith, blacksmith, tinsmith, gunsmith, and gunstock maker. The building stood until the...

Directions Call Read more

1752 Apothecary

The Apothecary was one of the earliest in the colonies and is available for tours if arranged thru Historic Bethlehem Museum's and SItes(HBMS).

Directions Call Read more

1761 Tannery

This facility is located next to the Monacacy Creek in the Colonial Industrial Quarter where in 1761 hides were cleaned to produce leather goods for the general economy.

Directions Call Read more

1762 WaterWorks

This National Historic Landmark was built in 1762 by the Moravians and is the first municipal pumped water system in the United States.

Directions Call Read more

1869 Luckenbach Mill

Located in the Colonial Industrial Quarter, the one time flour mill currently serves as a location for Historic Bethlehem Museums and Sites (HBMS) events and educational programs.

Directions Call Read more

1898

Oldest Bach Choir in America

One Square Mile. One Dozen Firsts.

Bell House

Built between 1746-1749, the Bell House was the residence for married couples whose marriage was determined by virtue of a lottery system.

Directions Call Read more

Bethlehem’s Second Store

This private building on Market Street once served as the Second Store located just a few yards from the Horsfield house first store. The majestic limestone building with its associated carritage house adds to the...

Directions Call Read more

Bursar’s House

This was one of the earliest private homes built by the Moravians for their bursar in 1762 to manage the business affairs of the community.

Directions Call Read more

Central Moravian Church

Directions Call Read more

God’s Acre

A great place to stroll and read the flat stones in this serene wooded area as the final resting place for Moravians from 1742-1911 where Moravian colonists are buried next to converted Native Americans or...

Directions Call Read more

Historic Bethlehem Visitor Center & 1810 Goundie House

This Federal Style home is believed to be the oldest constructed of brick in Bethlehem. J.S. Goundie was a successful brewer and businessman who also served as Mayor and fire inspector.

Directions Call Read more

Historic Hotel Bethlehem

Directions Call Read more

Hoover-Mason Trestle @ Steelstacks

This Trestle was recently opened to provide an up-close guided or self guided walking tours of the history of iron-making at Bethlehem Steel's former blast furnaces located at a facility that employed over 30,000 employees...

Directions Call Read more

Horsfield House

Currently a private residence, this stone building was built in 1749 for the Bethlehem’s first Justice of the Peace and enlarged in 1753 to accommodate the first store in Bethlehem. This shop sold over 200...

Directions Call Read more

John F. Frueauff House

This federal style home was built later in 1819 for the ninth principal of the Moravian Seminary for Girls.and is a private residence owned by the Moravian College.

Directions Call Read more

John Heckewelder House

Directions Call Read more

Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts

This Museum is a decorative arts museum owned and operated by Historic Bethlehem Museums and Sites (HBMS).

Directions Call Read more

Lehigh University

Asa Packer built Lehigh University in 1865 to provide a technical education for young men who would become leaders of industry in the new industrial economy.

Directions Call Read more

Main Hall

This 4 story brick building was built in1854 to house students at Moravian Seminary for Girls and is currently a Moravian College dormitory.

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Academy Lower School

This building was built in 1858 for the day school for boys and girls which today is Moravian Academy Lower School.

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Book Shop

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Museum of Bethlehem & 1741 Gemeinhaus

A National Historic Landmark that is the oldest building in Bethlehem serves today as the Moravian Museum operated by Historic Bethlehem Museums and Sites (HBMS) to tell the unique Moravian story as the "community house"...

Directions Call Read more

Nain-Schober House

This building was built in 1758 and is the only Native American residence remaining in the Delaware & National Corridor and open for private tour by HBMS.

Directions Call Read more

National Museum of Industrial History(NMIH)

This museum is located in a former Bethlehem Steel facility with the sole purpose to display the Industrial History of the United States and is an affiliate of the Smithsonian.

Directions Call Read more

Old Chapel

Built as the 2nd place of worship in 1751 after the "Saal" in the attached Geimeinhaus became overcrowded.

Directions Call Read more

Schnitz Haus

This building serves as a private residence but was a cutting and drying house for apples in the 1800's.

Directions Call Read more

Single Brethren’s House

This is perhaps the most iconic of Moravian buildings with incredible historic significance, however because the west wall was altered when attached to the adjoining building it does not qualify as a Landmark building for...

Directions Call Read more

Single Sisters’ House

Built in 1744 it became the home for single women in the community and is still used as private residences with a portion of this building is open for guided tours.

Directions Call Read more

The Sun Inn

Currently a Museum and Tavern, the Inn was built on Main Street in 1758 to house distinguished guests of the Moravians in what at that time was deemed just “outside the entrance” to the closed...

Directions Call Read more

Widow’s House

The last building built by the Moravians in 1768 was for the widows in the community.

Directions Call Read more

1750 Smithy / Moravian Blacksmith Shop

Directions Call Read more

1752 Apothecary

Directions Call Read more

1761 Tannery

Directions Call Read more

1762 WaterWorks

Directions Call Read more

1869 Luckenbach Mill

Directions Call Read more

Bell House

Directions Call Read more

Bethlehem’s Second Store

Directions Call Read more

Bursar’s House

Directions Call Read more

Central Moravian Church

Directions Call Read more

God’s Acre

Directions Call Read more

Historic Bethlehem Visitor Center & 1810 Goundie House

Directions Call Read more

Historic Hotel Bethlehem

Directions Call Read more

Hoover-Mason Trestle @ Steelstacks

Directions Call Read more

Horsfield House

Directions Call Read more

John F. Frueauff House

Directions Call Read more

John Heckewelder House

Directions Call Read more

Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts

Directions Call Read more

Lehigh University

Directions Call Read more

Main Hall

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Academy Lower School

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Book Shop

Directions Call Read more

Moravian Museum of Bethlehem & 1741 Gemeinhaus

Directions Call Read more

Nain-Schober House

Directions Call Read more

National Museum of Industrial History(NMIH)

Directions Call Read more

Old Chapel

Directions Call Read more

Schnitz Haus

Directions Call Read more

Single Brethren’s House

Directions Call Read more

Single Sisters’ House

Directions Call Read more

The Sun Inn

Directions Call Read more

Widow’s House

Directions Call Read more

Premier Partners

Omega Protective Services Advertisement The Coziest Celtic Destination Advertisement Musselman – Making Bethlehem Sparkle Cube Advertisement Dragon Weave Collection Advertisement

Translate

Translate the Visit Historic Bethlehem website into your language of choice!